Effective vegetation management has been an integral part of our strategy and project success
- Sage has a highly qualified team of vegetation management experts and field crew. They have expertise in the eradication of weeds and invasive species utilizing mechanical and chemical methodologies.
- Sage holds a current California Department of Pesticide Regulation License #41180.
- Our Qualified Applicator Licensed person is certified in A, B,C, D, E, F categories.
- Our team is familiar with the identification, removal methods, and level of significance with over hundreds of exotic species likely to occur within the region.
- Effective invasive species management has been an integral part of our strategy and project success.
- Close coordination with our clients and site maintenance crews, as well as early recognition of potential problems and rapid resolution, have helped us meet or exceed restoration goals. By having the planting and maintenance crews under in-house supervision, all the restoration tasks from seed collection to weeding are completed in a timely manner.
- Weed control and invasive species eradication is achieved using IPM methodology (manual and chemical), with in-house heavy equipment operators conducting removal, flail mowing, and mitigation area grading, contouring and excavation.
- Further, we have recently added a natural vegetation management service that utilizes live goats in a precisely targeted manner to remove undesired invasive, exotic and weed species. They are capable of reaching vegetation in steep and less accessible areas.
Clients and Projects
- Sage key personnel have been providing long-term vegetation maintenance services on projects throughout southern California for clients including Caltrans, CAL FIRE, Los Angeles County Fire Department, Los Angeles County Agricultural Commissioner, Los Angeles Conservation Corps, New Irvine Ranch Conservancy, Natural Communities Coalition, The Nature Conservancy, Laguna Canyon Foundation, National Park Service, OC Parks (Natural Resources Management), City of Irvine, City of Brea, and private land owners.